Friday, February 3, 2012

Striving for Balance

I've been away from this space for a while now, having been busy with holidays and traveling and family and other interests. While away, I've realized just how beneficial it has been for everyone in my family - myself included - to have had that break.


With a little one of three on the verge of dropping naps, the spare time I once had for working on blog posts has all but disappeared. I truly admire the many mothers out there who find the time to balance blogging and motherhood with such apparent grace.

For now, I've found that I parent with more grace without this blog. Perhaps at some point in the future, it will work out for me to come back here to share what I've been doing with you. Until then, thank you all for your readership, words of encouragement and support. It has been an incredible learning experience!

6 comments:

Bee Girl said...

Enjoy your journey, knowing that every minute of it counts!

Abby said...

have really enjoyed your blog! All the best to you and your family.

Sheena Cucina said...

I will miss reading your posts, I think you've done a wonderful job on your blog! Hope to see you here again some time.

Shanon Hilton said...

Thanks Ladies!

Ebuff said...

Shanon, what refreshing words. There's so much pressure out there to be Wonder Woman. Kudos to you for seeking out balance!

In the meantime, your thoughtful support and wondrous recipes will live on. This household will never forget your berry fudge. :)

All the best,

-Elyse B.

Shanon Hilton said...

Thanks Elyse, It was a tough decision to make, as I have truly loved writing and sharing in this space.

Thanks for your words of encouragement - they mean so much to me.

--Shanon